Think Happy Be Happy: Top 10 Quotes For Prosperous Thinking
In his latest article, Prescription for Happiness (And Health), David Sobel MD argues that the medication for a longer life is positive thinking.
He argues that while there are many factors that influence your life out of your control, there are many free ways to encourage a brighter energy within yourself.
Tasks such as writing gratitude lists, looking for humour in your life, mentally connecting with the beings around you and watching what you tell yourself are the finer keys to happiness.
With the last point in mind we’ve combined a list of ten essential quotes that you need to remind yourself of when life is getting you down.
1) “No one is in control of your happiness but you: therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change”
Barbara de Angelis
2) “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into happiness that you are able to give”.
3) “The greatest happiness is to transform one’s feelings into action”.
Madame de Stael
4) “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it”
5) “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.”
6) “It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have lost it.”
W. Somerset Maugham
7) “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognising and appreciating what we do have”
8) “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful”
9)“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet”
10) “If you want to be happy, be”
p.s. why not try a love tarot so see if you can find happiness in a relation