It is believed by parapsychologists that all living beings, including plants and animals, emit an energy field around themselves. Some believe this is a psychic imprint generated by the kundalini energy flowing through our Chakras, while others believe it is a manifestation of the outer edges of our higher selves.
Regardless of what the actual truth may be, many people believe they can see the auras generated by others and, as a result, are able to detect physical illness, emotional problems and spiritual imbalance, simply by looking at someone. But what are auras, and can you really ‘see’ them in the physical sense?
What do auras look like?
Most often, auras manifest themselves as layers of colour, surrounding the person they are coming from. Each colour is thought to represent a different frequency of vibration and is associated with a different aspect of that person’s character and make-up. Learning these colours and their meanings gives aura readers an insight into how that person is thinking and feeling:
● Red: this can represent passion, willpower and sexual energy. There are different tones of the colour and each can represent subtle differences within those characteristics. For example, a bright red aura may indicate that that person is courageous, entrepreneurial and dedicated to what they want to achieve, whilst a dark red can be interpreted to indicate good physical health, an adventurous spirit and someone who is resilient in life.
● Pink is the colour associated with love and those entering into a new relationship often have plenty of pink in their auras. It is also the colour of an artistic nature and of someone who appreciates the finer things in life. A bright pink might suggest someone with great empathy and perhaps an ability for clairaudience, while dark pink is an indicator of immaturity and a propensity for dishonesty.
● Orange is associated with vigour, good health, excitement and good interpersonal relationships. Those with a significant amount of orange in their auras are usually creative, healthy and try to live life to its fullest. Those with dark orange can indicate the presence of pride or ambition that is in danger of becoming blinkered.
● Yellow is the colour of intellect, intelligence and optimism. The presence of yellow tends to suggest that that person is easy-going, has a positive outlook and is very bright. A vivid yellow points towards someone who is going through a spiritual awakening, which is having a positive effect on the way they see the world. A dull yellow indicates selfishness or a feeling that that person is under pressure to achieve something that might be beyond their talents.
● Gold is the colour of spiritual energy and enlightenment. A significant amount of gold suggests that that person is spiritually fulfilled and has achieved a good level of inner harmony. If the gold is dark or muddied, it tends to suggest that that person is suffering from spiritual fatigue; that they are straining to find anything positive in their surroundings.
● Green is associated with health, growth and healing. You can often find large amounts of green in those who seem innately peaceful and can extend a feeling of calm to others, just by being there. Many doctors and psychologists have green in their auras, reflecting their healing and nurturing natures. A dark green can indicate feelings of jealousy and resentment; that the world is somehow against them.
● Blue: this colour signifies good communication skills, serenity and artistic ability. Those involved in the arts or those who are teachers are often found to have a lot of blue in their auras. A bright, vivid blue tends to indicate that that person is imaginative, creative and has good intuitive abilities, whilst someone with dark blue in their aura is likely to be fearful of self-expression and of the future. Consequently, they may be untrustworthy or skilled liars.
● Indigo. This colour reflects someone’s sensitivity and intuitive abilities. Someone with a lot of indigo in their aura is likely to be interested in the paranormal or have psychic gifts.
● Violet is the colour associated with wisdom and intuition. A high density of violet suggests that this person learns from their mistakes and is happy to share what they have learned.
● Grey is often linked to fear or depression.
● Black is often interpreted as signifying death or terminal illness. However, black generally indicates that there is an area of that person’s psyche or physical well-being that needs attention. Bands of black are relatively rare; black tends to manifest as spots within another colour, suggesting that the problem is related to the aspect that particular colour is related to. It may also signify an area of that person’s character that they wish to keep hidden, so readers are advised to be very careful when making a diagnosis that pertains to this particular tone.
● White suggests the presence of healing, spiritual energy. Those with significant amounts of white in their auras may have a gift for spiritual healing or be able solve the problems of others simply through empathy and understanding.
As with any spectrum, there are further gradations of colours that can be interpreted, but these are the fundamental ones that any reader will have to deal with.
Can you see auras?
Most psychics believe that we are all born with some psychic ability and that we can all tap into them if we try. If you think you might have a gift for seeing auras, then there is a simple exercise you can perform to test your skills. The first and most important thing is to go in with the right attitude - assume that anything is possible. If you undertake an exercise of this sort with a closed or doubtful mind, you are likely to discredit anything you do see, before you have started.
Sit in a quiet room, with low, ambient lighting. Relax until you are almost in a meditative state before holding out a hand in front of you. Whilst looking at your hand, focus on the space around it and see what registers. Many readers do not ‘see’ the aura around the physical body; instead they ‘perceive’ it in their mind’s eye. Be prepared for this, as it may take you by surprise. Initially, the aura may be indistinct, perhaps appearing as a fuzziness in the air around your hand. However, with further practice, you will soon be able to distinguish the colours from one another and interpret their meanings.